Scope of Operations:
– carrying out fundamental and applied research within the republican budget and industry projects, carrying out works under domestic grants for studying the spectral characteristics of objects on the Earth’s surface, space monitoring of natural and man-made processes, thematic interpretation of satellite data of different spectral, spatial and temporal resolution based on the data analysis of remote sensing of the Earth and condition of ground;
– improving technologies to receive, analyze, process, and archive data of the Earth’s remote sensing;
– developing scientific and methodological basis of the Earth’s remote sensing;
– developing new technologies for analyzing and forecasting environmental conditions, methods of geoinformational modeling;
– undertaking subsatellite explorations at test sites;
– testablishing sectoral and regional situation centers for space monitoring of agricultural industry areas, emergency situations, environmental stress objects, etc.;
– providing services for space monitoring of agricultural industry, emergency situations (freshet, flood, fire), areas of environmental concern in Kazakhstan in order to solve industry problems.
Director of Department – Bekmukhamedov Baurzhan, Candidate of technical sciences, firstname.lastname@example.org
Deputy Director of Department – Aknazarova Raushan, Candidate of Science in Physics and Mathematics, email@example.com
Agricultural Industry Space Monitoring Laboratory
Laboratory Chief – Bekmukhamedov Nurlan, Candidate of Science in Agriculture, firstname.lastname@example.org
Developing methods and technologies for space monitoring of grain crop production, irrigated lands and grasslands. Developing geospatial models of natural biohazards.
Subsatellite works are performed using modern opticalelectronic devices for spectroscopic studies, devices for measuring soil moisture, temperature, and snow cover density.
Laboratory of Mathematical Modeling of Radiation Transfer Processes
Laboratory Chief – Akhmedzhanov Alshin, Doctor of Science in Engineering, email@example.com
Mathematical modeling of atmospheric processes over the territory of Kazakhstan based on satellite data. Development of a space monitoring system for greenhouse gases in the atmosphere over the territory of the Republic of Kazakhstan.
Laboratory of Space Environmental Monitoring
Developing methods and technologies for space monitoring and forecasting of natural and technological disasters, environmental pollution processes.
Drought Condition Monitoring Center
Head of the Center- Ayupov Qaisar, firstname.lastname@example.org
Activities related to space monitoring of climate change and drought. Developing the geoportal of space monitoring of drought, electronic atlas of pasture resources and climate.
Space Data Reception Center (Almaty)
Head of the Center- Arkhipkin Oleg, email@example.com
Periodic receiving and archiving of data of the Earth’s remote sensing from the following space vehicles: Aqua, Terra (USA) and Suomi NPP (USA).
Providing satellite information to all structural divisions of the Earth’s Remote Sensing Department to carry out research work under the projects of the Republican Budget Programs and perform different application tasks as part of contract-based works at the request of the Ministry of Agriculture of the Republic of Kazakhstan, the Emergency Situations Committee of the Ministry of Internal Affairs of the Republic of Kazakhstan, regional akimats, etc.
Space Monitoring Center (Astana)
Head of the Center- Ramazanova Zhanat, firstname.lastname@example.org
Research areas: Periodic receiving and archiving of data of the Earth’s remote sensing from Aqua, Terra space vehicles (USA). Providing satellite information to all relevant ministries and departments to solve industry problems using satellite data. In order to perform the tasks, the Reception Centers located in Almaty and Astana are equipped with specialized equipment for receiving satellite data from TERRA, AQUA, Suomi NPP.