The main activity – fundamental and applied research of galactic systems, active galactic nuclei, stars, nebulae, Sun, Solar system, planets, artificial Earth satellites and space debris.
Structure of SLLP “V.G. Fessenkov Astrophysical Institute”:
- Division of advances astrophysical researchers
- Laboratory of Stars and Nebulae Physics
- Laboratory of Cosmology, Stellar Dynamics and Computational Astrophysics.
- The Laboratory has only one sector: Nuclear Astrophysics Sector
- Laboratory of Moon and Planets Physics
- Laboratory of Active Processes in the Space
Observational bases of Subsidiary Limited Liability Partnership “V.G. Fessenkov Astrophysical Institute”:
- Kamenskoye Plato Astrophysical Research Observatory
- Expedition “Tien-Shan Astronomical Observatory and Coronal Station” (TShAO and CORST)
- Expedition “Assy Turgen Observatory”
Director – Chingis Omarov , PhD
23 Observatory, Kamenskoye Plato, Medeu district, 050020 Almaty, Kazakhstan
Tel.: +7 727 260 75 90 (secretariat) Fax: +7 727 260 75 90